Streets & Grounds Maintenance

The Streets and Grounds Department is responsible for maintaining the City’s right-of-way, parks and landscaped areas. Areas of responsibility include:

  • Street sweeping
  • Tree pruning and planting
  • Sidewalk repair
  • Traffic sign and signal maintenance
  • Street light installation and maintenance
  • Road paving and resurfacing
  • Storm sewer maintenance
  • Mowing
  • Landscape bed and irrigation maintenance

Street Sweeping on River Street


Program Documents Link


My sidewalk is broken who do I contact?

You can call Public Works at 386 329 0107 to open a work order to have the sidewalk replaced. Repairs as a result of parking in the ROW or construction on your property may be charged to you.

My street has a pothole. How do I get it repaired?

Contact Public Works at 386 329 0107 to report the pothole and a work order will be issued for the repair.

Who mows the grass strip between the sidewalk and the street?

The property owner is responsible for maintaining the parkway strip. This includes mowing of the grass or maintaining planted areas in the parkway.

My street frequently floods who do I contact?

Contact Public Works at 386 329 0107 to report the problem. The Public Works department may dispatch crews to ensure that the storm sewer is properly functioning. Some flooding areas are on the Stormwater Master Plan and are in the process of design, permitting and funding to mitigate the flooding.

My vehicle was damaged from a pothole?

Damage claims can be made at City Hall or by calling 386 329 0100.