Doing Business with the City
Purpose of the Purchasing Policy
The purpose of this Purchasing Policy is to serve as the approved source of instruction on purchasing policies and procedures for the purchase, procurement, and acquisition of goods and/or services. It also serves as the official reference document on purchasing questions and issues.
Applicable Laws, Regulations, and Rules
Compliance with City of Palatka Ordinances, Florida Statutes, the Florida Adm;nistrative Code, Federal Procurement Regulations, and the Uniform Commercial Code, when and where applicable, with compliance with the strictest of the rules that pertain, is made a specific requirement of all procedures covered in this policy even though they may not be stated specifically. If a cooperative agreement has stringent rules and regulations, City will follow when and where applicable, with compliance with the strictest of the rules that pertain, is made a specific requirement of all procedures covered in this policy even though they may not be stated specifically.
NEW CONTRACTOR & SERVICE VENDOR
All the following information must be submitted before a purchase order is issued.
- Current W-9 – required for all vendors
- Contact Sheet – required for all vendors
- Print out from Sunbiz.org with “active” status – required for all vendors with a primary location in Florida
- E-Verify Certification – required for all vendors who have a contract or agreement with the City
- Certificate of Liability Insurance - required for all vendors who will be on-site at any City facility
PROCEDURE FOR PURCHASES
All purchases require a purchase order to be issued before any product is ordered or service is started.
Invoices sent for payment should have the PO number on the invoice.
Invoices should be either emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or sent to the mailing address below:
City of Palatka – Finance
201 North Second Street
Palatka, FL 32177
Public Invitation to Bid, Request for Proposals and Request for Qualifications shall be advertised on the City website. This will apply to commodities or contractual services (which include professional services) that cost more than $25,000, and construction that cost more than $200,000. Maintenance agreements and single-source items are exempt. State contract pricing will not have to go out for bid as long as local merchants are afforded an opportunity to bid. Vendors wishing to receive email or text alerts for future ITB, RFP and RFQ solicitations can register on the City website at https://palatka-fl.gov/list.aspx
If you have questions or need additional information, please contact Finance at 386-329-0100
- List of Definitions
- Local Preference
- Women Minority Business Enterprises (W/MBE) Vendor Preference
- Standardization of equipment and supplies
- Single/ Sole Source purchases
- Cooperative Purchasing Programs
- Authority for the commitment of goods and services
- Procedures for the procurement of goods and services
- Small Purchases- Up to $25,000.00
- Procurement of Goods and Services - $25,000.01 or more
- About City Contracts
- Suspension and Debarment
- Grants @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
City of Palatka
201 N 2nd Street
Palatka, FL 32177