Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
October 11, 2018
Building Permit Review Process
As of 10/11/18, the City of Palatka is consolidating the processing of building permits with Putnam County. This change is expected to improve the efficiency of the building permit process.
Applicants for Building Permits:
1. Applicants for basic permits such as roofing, plumbing, electrical and interior remodeling shall apply directly to the Putnam County permit office at 2509 Crill Avenue.
2. Applicants for new structures such as new houses, room additions and sheds are required to obtain a zoning review letter from the City of Palatka to be included with the Building Permit application to Putnam County.
3. Applicants for exterior work in the Downtown Business and Historic Districts must have their plans reviewed by the City, before applying for a County Building Permit.
4. Applicants for new or replacement signs must have their plans reviewed by the City, before applying for a County Building Permit.
5. All building inspections shall be requested through the County office.
City Zoning Review Letters:
Zoning reviews are requested at City Hall. The request shall include a sketch of the property, overall dimensions, locations of existing structures, and the setbacks for the proposed structure. The application fee is $50.
City Zoning Inspections for Commercial Structures
Permits for new commercial structures may be required to be inspected by the City prior to the issuance of a Certificate of Occupancy. These inspections are typically for the installation of landscaping.
Putnam County – Building Division
2509 Crill Ave.
Palatka FL 32112