NOTICE is hereby given that the City Commission of the City of Palatka, Florida, will consider the enactment of the following entitled Ordinance 2023-34:
AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY OF PALATKA CREATING SECTION 105 WITHIN CHAPTER 70 OF THE CODE OF ORDINANCES, BY ADDING “CITY OWNED PARKS, OPEN SPACES, AND COMMUNITY FACILITIES NAMING PROCEDURES”; PROVIDING FOR CONFLICT WITH OTHER ORDINANCES; PROVIDING AN EFFECTIVE DATE; PROVIDING FOR SEVERABILITY; PROVIDING FOR SCRIVENER’S ERRORS
at its meetings to be held at 6:00 PM on September 28, 2023 and on October 12, 2023 at City Hall, 201 N. 2nd St., Palatka, Florida. Said proposed Ordinance may be inspected by the public at City Hall during regular hours of business. All interested persons are hereby advised of such consideration by the City Commission and all interested parties may appear at said meeting at said time and place and be heard with respect to the proposed ordinance. This notice is given in accordance with F.S. 166.041.
PLEASE GOVERN YOURSELVES ACCORDINGLY.
City of Palatka
From: Sunni Krantz, City Clerk
RE: Ordinance 2023-34; Business Impact Statement in accord with F.S. 166.041(4)(a)
- Summary of the proposed ordinance, including a statement of the public purpose to be served by the proposed ordinance
The purpose of proposed Ordinance 2023-34 is to set forth provisions for the naming and renaming of City owned parks, open spaces, and community facilities.
- An estimate of the direct economic impact of the proposed ordinance on private for-profit businesses in the county or city, including:
- An estimate of direct compliance costs for businesses;
- Identification of new charges and fees; and
- An estimate of the county’s or city’s regulatory costs.
No cost to private for-profit businesses is anticipated associated with proposed Ordinance 2023-34 if adopted.
- A good faith estimate of the number of businesses likely impacted
It is not anticipated that any businesses will be impacted by Ordinance 2023-34 if adopted.