The City of Palatka, Florida Fish & Wildlife Commission and the US Coast Guard will host a FREE Safe Boating Class/Boat Licensing Event on Saturday, March 7th from 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the St. Johns River Center, 102 N. 1st St., Palatka, FL. PLEASE NOTE YOU NEED TO REGISTER FOR THIS FREE CLASS!
AGES: Anyone under 13 preferably to be accompanied by an adult. (may be waived with prior approval)
WHO IS REQUIRED TO OBTAIN A BOATING SAFETY EDUCATION IS CARD? Anyone born on or after January 1, 1988 who is operating a vessel greater than 10 hp. EXEMPTIONS:
- Accompanied by a passenger who is exempt and over 18 years of age.
- Accompanied by a passenger who possesses a Boating Safety Education ID card and is over 18 years of age.
- Posses a USCG Captain’s License.
- Has a valid Boating Safety Education ID card issued by another state.
REGISTRATION: Sign Up by sending an email to BoatSafeClay@gmail.com and put "Palatka Boating Safety Class" in the subject line. Registrants should list name(s) and age(s) of any teens or younger planning to attend. You will receive an email response within 24 hours.
CURRICULUM: “How to Boat Smart - Florida Boating Safety Course”
WHAT TO BRING:
- Food: A lunch break will be given around 11:30 – 12:00 for lunch. Students can bring a lunch and eat at the classroom or can leave for lunch at a local eatery. Because this is the same day as Day 1 of the Florida Azalea Festival, there will be plenty of festival food available in Downtown Palatka!
- Supplies: All class supplies are provided including text book; but please bring paper if you intend to take notes.
COST: There is no cost for this class. The USCG Auxiliary appreciates any donations, which will go towards building maintenance and supplies.